Boston, MA, May 25-28, 2017 (deadline 1/15/2017)
The E. E. Cummings Society will sponsor two sessions at the 2017 ALA. We invite proposals for papers on any aspect of Cummings’ life or work. Proposals that touch upon the following topics will be especially welcome:
- Cummings’ early experiments in modernism
- Readings of little-studied Cummings poems
- The new edition of the Complete Poems (2016)
- Influences on Cummings: decadent and symbolist poetry, imagism, and avant-garde painting
- The pacifist poet
- Love and art vs. the unworld of modernity
- Cummings as a post-romantic late modernist (or post-modernist)
Submit 250-400 word abstracts to Michael Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 15, 2017.
For further information, consult the web page of the American Literature Association conference.