Call for Papers:
E. E. Cummings Sessions at the American Literature Association’s 29th annual conference, San Francisco, CA, May 24-27, 2018 (deadline 1/15/2018)
The E. E. Cummings Society will sponsor two sessions at the 2018 ALA. We invite proposals for papers on any aspect of Cummings’ life or work. Proposals that touch upon the following topics will be especially welcome:
- Cummings in 1917-1918 (detention at La Ferté Macé, Cummings at Camp Devens, The Enormous Room as a modernist memoir)
- Early experiments in modernism
- Readings of little-studied Cummings poems
- Re-readings of much-studied Cummings poems
- Cummings among the modernists and post-modernists
- Love and art vs. the unworld of modernity
Submit 250-400 word abstracts to Michael Webster (email@example.com) by January 15, 2018.
For further information, consult the web page of the American Literature Association conference.